We have what some consider to be a strange arrangement in our family. As soon as a birthday looms we are required to produce a list of things we want (within a reasonable price range) and send it out so that the siblings and parental types know what to buy. I understand the logic, but I always hope that they’d think of something that’s not on the list.
I remember one year I was told how someone had taken something back (that I would have loved) because it wasn’t on the list. So now I try make my list as thorough as possible, but end up looking greedy. So I’m in a catch 22 of sorts. I love getting gifts (you may have noticed there are only 12 more sleeps) and I love birthdays, so I really want to make sure that my list is a good one this year.
The strangest thing is – I can think of nothing that I want! I have a list of big things (I need a new car) but these can never be on the birthday list for fear of losing the friends I have. SO I managed to scrape together a little list that looked something like this:
- Madonna – Celebration (I’m sure the queen planned the release to coincide with my birthday)
- Muse – The Resistance (apparently it’s really good and I should have it)
- Dan Brown – The Lost Symbol (I thought I had pre-ordered it, but seems to be lost in cyberspace)
- White smart shirt (can never have too many white shirts!)
- Clinique M-Lotion moisturiser (I’m about to run out)
- Playstation 3 games (because I’m nearly 40 and want to feel like I’m 13)
- Will & Grace Season 7 (the only season I don’t have)
- Angel Season 2 and 3 (I have season 1 and will never know what happens if I don’t get it)
- Spa voucher (because nothing says I love you more than a stranger rubbing you)
Anything I’ve left out?